Proto is a leader in inclusive chatbots and multilingual contact center automation in emerging markets. Our AI Customer Experience (AICX) solutions serve regulators and operators with customer support automation pain points that require high-performance and novel natural language understanding (NLP) for under-resourced languages from Africa to Asia.
Check out our $5.6M Series A announcement!
What is Proto?
Proto was founded in 2018 at the National Taiwan University to deliver impactful and effective conversational AI for underserved markets. We’ve grown across 4+ industries and 10+ markets with support from the Gates Foundation, Omidyar Network, USAID, Rockefeller Philanthropy, FedDev Ontario, National Research Council of Canada, and the African Development Bank. Clients range from the central banks of the Philippines, Ghana, Rwanda & Zambia to digital banks, health clinics & more. Learn more at www.proto.cx.
2021 Inclusive Fintech 50 Winner
2021 Africa Digital Financial Inclusion Facility Winner
2020 Alliance for Financial Inclusion Fintech Finalist
2019 Central Banking Fintech & Regtech AI Award Winner
2019 Alliance for Financial Inclusion Fintech Finalist
2019 iGaming Asia Congress Innovation Winner
2018 RegTech for Regulators Accelerator Chatbot Competition Winner
About the Team
Proto’s team is extremely global with 80% BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Colour) and 50% female members working across 13+ countries. We’re a remote team of self-starting and entrepreneurial machine learning engineers, SaaS sales professionals, and digital nomads. Our management operates established processes for cross-cultural and timezone collaboration while limiting zoom calls to an hour a day as much as possible.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, results-focused professional passionate about creating engaging chatbot experiences to join our team as a Chatbot Conversation Designer to help us deliver amazing chatbot experiences!
As Chatbot Conversation Designer, reporting to Head of CX, you will :
- Translate business requirements into chatbots' dialogues you excel at crafting professional, compelling, highly engaging, concise, and clearly written content.
- Support clients in solving their customer experience pain points through automation.
- Use our Proto AICX platform (try it here) to create engaging multilingual conversations using bot messages, quick replies, case creation, and JSON API blocks, etc.
- Integrate chatbots into CRMs, payment processors, etc.
- Maintain & enhance chatbot platform to meet changing needs (troubleshoot, debug & deploy chatbots).
- Monitor performance, design/implement processes & strategies to enhance the end-user experience.
- Conduct testing to ensure bot flows are optimized and messaging is free of any spelling or grammatical errors.
- Manage data coming from chatbot conversations. Analyze it to Identify & interpret patterns, trends, conversational flow & make recommendations to optimize bot flows and improve performance.
- Collaborate with team members to improve overall bot development, document best practices, research, test, and implement new strategies.
- Offer implementation improvements suggestions.
- Configure bot flow designs and settings.
- Conduct Chabot demo/training.
- Conversation design experience
- Basic understanding of how APIs work to support clients integrating their platforms with the chatbot
- Native English speaker
- Experience writing engaging & creative chatbot dialogues
- Superior communication skills with experience writing in digital channels
- Sound understanding of chatbot architecture, conversational designs, flow, and automated speech recognition
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends, patterns, and correlations in complex datasets
- Experience in client-facing roles is an asset
- Proactive team player, self-starter, and multitasker with outstanding organizational skills
- Customer-first mindset
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Comfortable adjusting priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- A keen interest in learning new technologies and exploring new trends
- Must be meticulous and possess immense attention to detail
- 4 weeks paid vacation. In addition to local holidays.
- Fully remote. Work anywhere in the world with stable internet.
- Cowork. Access any coworking office on Earth (and drink free coffee).
- Laptop incentive. Let us pay you back for work devices and tech upgrades
- High standards & autonomy. Work with a global team doing their best work and execute upon an ambitious expansion plan.
- Health & wellness. Receive dental, vision, and mental health coverage for yourself and family (Canada only).
- Visa support. Request support with immigration to countries in our corporate group.
- Stock options. Qualify for employee stock options with leadership positions.
- Refugee friendly. Proto prioritizes candidates who are displaced or relocating due to conflict.
Proto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.