Proto is a leader in inclusive chatbots and multilingual contact center automation in emerging markets. Our AI Customer Experience (AICX) solutions serve regulators and operators with customer support automation pain points that require high-performance and novel natural language understanding for under-resourced languages from Africa to Asia.
Who is Proto?
Proto was founded in 2018 at the National Taiwan University to deliver impactful and effective conversational AI for underserved markets. We’ve grown across 4+ industries and 10+ markets with the catalytic support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Omidyar Network, USAID, Rockefeller Philanthropy, FedDev Ontario, National Research Council of Canada, and the African Development Bank. Clients range from the central banks of the Philippines, Ghana, Rwanda & Zambia to digital banks, health clinics, gaming operators & more. Learn more at www.proto.cx.
2021 Inclusive Fintech 50 Winner
2021 Africa Digital Financial Inclusion Facility Winner
2020 Alliance for Financial Inclusion Fintech Finalist
2019 Central Banking Fintech & Regtech AI Award Winner
2019 Alliance for Financial Inclusion Fintech Finalist
2019 iGaming Asia Congress Innovation Winner
2018 RegTech for Regulators Accelerator Chatbot Competition Winner
About the Team
Proto’s team is extremely global with 92% BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Colour) and 50% female members working across over ten countries. We’re a remote team of self-starting and entrepreneurial NLP engineers, SaaS sales professionals, and digital nomads. Our management operates established processes for cross-cultural and timezone collaboration while limiting Zoom to an hour a day as much as possible..
We’re looking for an experienced Sales Manager to plan and oversee the execution of B2B sales and reseller funnels for our AICX solutions in priority emerging markets.
As Sales Manager, reporting to Head of Growth, you will;
- Drive sales, expand the customer base and generate new revenue
- Build & maintain strong relationships with senior executives from Financial, Healthcare,
- Lead in-person client presentations to C-level executives, including information discovery sessions, product demonstrations and proposals
- Engage with prospects to understand their unique, specific pain points & produce compelling business cases to meet their needs
- Contact potential prospects from personally-generated research to build a robust sales pipeline
- Develop & implement a scalable sales process from prospecting/demand generation through contract execution
- Work with CX team to ensure successful new client on-boarding and implementation
- Leverage Hubspot CRM data to construct, forecast, & manage sales activity and drive pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Collaborate with internal Growth and CX teams and provide feedback from the field to help shape future development
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience managing teams of 5+ people
- 2+ years experience selling SaaS or subscription based product to a diverse customer base
- 3+ years sales experience focused on growing existing business or driving new business with proven track record of growing business from an established client base
- Account management or project management experience
- Proven track record for closing deals with large and mid-size companies
- Track record of successfully hitting monthly/quarterly/annual target metrics
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Hubspot
- Experience with sales in African and/or Asian market would be an asset
- 4 weeks paid vacation. In addition to local holidays.
- Fully remote. Work anywhere in the world with stable internet.
- Cowork. Access any coworking office on Earth (and drink free coffee).
- Laptop incentive. Let us pay you back for work devices and tech upgrades
- High standards & autonomy. Work with a global team doing their best work and execute upon an ambitious expansion plan.
- Health & wellness. Receive dental, vision, and mental health coverage for yourself and family (Canada only).
- Visa support. Request support with immigration to countries in our corporate group.
- Stock options. Qualify for employee stock options with leadership positions.
- Refugee friendly. Proto prioritizes candidates who are displaced or relocating due to conflict.
Proto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.