Proto is a leader in inclusive chatbots and multilingual contact center automation in emerging markets. Our AI Customer Experience (AICX) solutions serve regulators and operators with customer support automation pain points that require high-performance and novel natural language understanding for under-resourced languages from Africa to Asia.
Who is Proto?
Proto was founded in 2018 at the National Taiwan University to deliver impactful and effective conversational AI for underserved markets. We’ve grown across 4+ industries and 10+ markets with the catalytic support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Omidyar Network, USAID, Rockefeller Philanthropy, FedDev Ontario, National Research Council of Canada, and the African Development Bank. Clients range from the central banks of the Philippines, Ghana, Rwanda & Zambia to digital banks, health clinics, gaming operators & more. Learn more at www.proto.cx.
2021 Inclusive Fintech 50 Winner
2021 Africa Digital Financial Inclusion Facility Winner
2020 Alliance for Financial Inclusion Fintech Finalist
2019 Central Banking Fintech & Regtech AI Award Winner
2019 Alliance for Financial Inclusion Fintech Finalist
2019 iGaming Asia Congress Innovation Winner
2018 RegTech for Regulators Accelerator Chatbot Competition Winner
About the Team
Proto’s team is extremely global with 92% BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Color) and 50% female members working across over ten countries. We’re a remote team of self-starting and entrepreneurial NLP engineers, SaaS sales professionals, and digital nomads. Our management operates established processes for cross-cultural and timezone collaboration while limiting Zoom to an hour a day as much as possible..
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to plan and oversee the execution of B2B sales and reseller funnels for our AICX solutions in priority emerging markets.
As Marketing Manager, reporting to Head of Growth, you will work on;
- Strategy. Execute a marketing strategy that supports adoption of our B2B SaaS solutions in emerging markets across Asia, Africa, & the Americas in line with revenue objectives.
- Research. Uncover & understand the company's current content marketing performance to find improvement opportunities. Research competitors within 3 categories (chatbots, livechat, NLP engines) and (a) update website comparison charts, (b) create comparison webpages to support sales, and (c) produce content on Proto’s most competitive features.
- Content Calendar. Manage the content calendar with articles, videos, case studies & posts across Proto’s website, social media pages, and newswire/blog partners. Assign content to team members and yourself for generation. Manage Webinar calendar and support sales team webinar efforts
- Events. Manage Events Calendar. Conduct research and support email campaigns
- Ads & Email Marketing Manage internal ads & campaign calendar & work with external agencies to improve conversion rates. Provide reports to upper management
- Funnel Automation. Examine Proto’s sales/reseller funnels to find opportunities for automation & improvement across Proto’s AICX platform, website chatbot,
- SEO. Observe and improve SEO performance using Ahrefs and Webflow.
- Website. Manage Proto website in Webflow & run quarterly translation update using Crowdin.
- Documentation. Update and manage marketing documentation
- Communication. Communicate with various marketing agencies and support sales team. Work closely with the Head of Growth & Head of CX to align marketing content delivery with revenue and upselling objectives.
- 3+ years experience as a marketing manager, content marketer, or similar role
- Knowledge & experience in SMM & SEO.
- 2+ years experience in content marketing for B2B SaaS products.
- Proficiency in developing marketing initiatives that clearly communicate solutions to enterprise pain points.
- Deep understanding of content strategies that drive online awareness, engagement, and conversions.
- In-depth knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing competitive research.
- Exceptional collaboration and project management skills, motivating remote team members to deliver quality projects on time.
- Expertise in A/B and other testing methods.
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Advanced English level.
- Experience with Zapier & advanced knowledge of Hubspot
- 4 weeks paid vacation. In addition to local holidays.
- Fully remote. Work anywhere in the world with stable internet.
- Cowork. Access any coworking office on Earth (and drink free coffee).
- Laptop incentive. Let us pay you back for work devices and tech upgrades
- High standards & autonomy. Work with a global team doing their best work and execute upon an ambitious expansion plan.
- Health & wellness. Receive dental, vision, and mental health coverage for yourself and family (Canada only).
- Visa support. Request support with immigration to countries in our corporate group.
- Stock options. Qualify for employee stock options with leadership positions.
- Refugee friendly. Proto prioritizes candidates who are displaced or relocating due to conflict.
Proto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.